Thursday, September 2, 2010

Personality vs Looks and music (lol)

I'm a big 2NE1 fan and I honestly can't wait for their comeback in 7 days time but I was reading an article on them this morning about their Album cover and their concept on www.allkpop.com. Some of the people (so called ANTI's...which I honestly don't know why they even exist because it is stupid to fight over who is better and whatnot) said that the cover looks so plain and boring. Why is it that looks are so important these days? Isn't the music industry about talent and songs that mean something? Wait I forgot it revolves around money and using their artists as sex symbols. Every mainstream song that you listen to (I'm exaggerating but whatever) either revolves around drinking, sex, hooking up with other people or just plain nonsense. Is this the way for kids in the next generation to grow up? It just feels like some of the music industries out there are only picking up people because of their looks over their talents. Take the 2008 Beijing Olympics for example...they put a competition to find a young talented kid who can sing for the opening ceremony... well they found her but decided she wasn't 'cute' enough so they just took some random "cute" girl and made her lip sync to the song. What the hell was up with that. 

Anyway back to the Korean music scene, I honestly think 2ne1 and all artists from YGEntertainment are absolutely talented and the great thing about it is that the founder of the company doesn't care about looks unlike some other companies whose main focus is on the looks and how much they can promote them...AND THEY CAN DANCE! Not the body rolls or butt dances but DANCE. Don't get me wrong there are some fabulous artists outside of YG such as BoA (although the poor girl has been overworked) and... I can't name anymore of them at the moment (brain fart lol). I just think the whole selling sex thing is overrated, hell you have little kids singing along to these kind of songs now such as "Dirty Picture" and...well anything with Ke$ha is pretty bad..."Take your shirt off" T-pain...He really needs to start singing proper songs, his voice is amazing when he sings but when it comes to his famous autotuned songs its always about...Also recent Usher songs... I grew up listening to this guy but lately it's lost its flair and its too mainstream now..and honestly it's all about beats now.


I remember during high school a person had asked me a question whether I prefer looks or personality in the opposite sex. My exact answer was that I'd definitely prefer the personality over looks. He had told me after I gave him my answer that I was the first out of the few he asked to choose personality over looks which gave me quite a shock to be honest. I mean hey if you have the brains and the beauty you're good to go...but as the saying goes beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I also have my girlfriends regularly ask me if a certain guy is hot or cute...I just say...honey you're asking the wrong person cause I honestly don't care or I can't judge go ask someone else. 

Anyway everyone is growing older and that means the skins start to droop and everyone starts to change. What else do you have to fall back on if your looks are about to change? A persons looks can change but a person's personality will not.

So i'm just gonna sum it up here and... I don't remember what I typed haha. So I'm just going to say BRING BACK THE MUSIC OF THE 90's and early 00's.

Personality > Looks

Goodnight!

`Myakisza

1 comment:

  1. You said it. =D

    Personality can change, but that's what people still have to deal with even after the looks, so it's win lose or lose lose situation depending on the circumstances. Or win win~ lucky bitch XD

    ReplyDelete